Monday, May 29, 2006

Masters of War Redux



Did I happen to mention that I REALLY hate George Bush and all his cronies? Just when I think he's done f***ing things up, he pulls another really nasty rabbit out of his hat, and then I'm depressed all over again.

I seriously want to know how much the personal wealth of his partners in crime has increased since he took office. I have a pretty good guess that many, many millions of dollars have found their way into their pockets as a result of the war in Iraq. Gee, I guess they missed a couple of pivotal sermons at church over the years, because there's no other way to explain how they can turn a blind eye to the horrific human cost of the war on the citizens of Iraq, and on our dead and maimed soldiers.

A long time ago Bob Dylan wrote a song called, "Masters of War." Sadly, its just as appropriate today as when he wrote in the '60's. Too bad the words of this song can't be dropped as leaflets over the White House.

Masters of War- Bob Dylan

"Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul"

No comments: